January 07, 2013

Red Watch's City


It's been a wild and woolie couple of months, with the gaining a new exciting job, quitting an old one, moving and then finding my new job not to be so perfect. Being fired and lucky enough to find two very part time gigs to pay the bills for a while. 

I am back and with the help of my sweet boy who was kind enough to give a gentle nudge I am back to drawing. (Trying rebuild ones confidence.) All in all I am happy with one of my newest creations. I have been working on my own version of Little Red Riding Hood. This is her second appearance in my hand-dandy new sketch book. The first being a character study which will hopefully one day appear. It's been fun none the less and I hope someone finds joy in my newer works as I work to have a positive happier outlook this year.

I do always find its interesting that when artist create cityscapes no matter the time frame it's  all new construction or lovely old worn buildings. Hardly a mix which is funny because in the world in which we live is most certainly a mix.  Good or bad it becomes part of our world so why not allow that to inform our envisioned cityscapes?

Details: sketchbook paper, ink pen and color pencil.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Its like lil red meets alice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matti. Was working along that same vain but like your choice in comparison the bestest of all. Danny went with liking the Doctor Seuss's like building stuck in the middle.

      Delete