August 11, 2011

Happy Little Suprise




This was an interesting experience, while working on this work for one did it in three parts.  The back coloring, trying really hard to get the gradation smooth/easy to read.  Then created the cone on the flower which looked nothing like what I thought it was going to but turned out better than I could have imagined.  Lastly the petals while working on those I was working way to close and sitting there brooding about how they looked really wrong, that I was going to have to go back and redo the entire painting.  Luckily was forced to take a step back and what a happy little surprise some how my work came together without my realizing.

Should have known all along, being forced to take a step back in other aspects of my life and evaluate.
Technical details:  acrylic on 16" by 20" stretched canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment