August 21, 2011

word pant



Mixed media/cut and past painting.  Trying to work outside of my more typical approach to painting.  Found lots of words and phrases that I liked but they were in very different fonts, sizes and a whole host of colors.  Decided to undertake the tedious task of painting over all the letters to make them more congruent.  Pasted it all together and started painting.  Had to rework and mold from my original attempt to allow the piece to work as a sold whole not two separate works.  This took a lot more thought than I would like to admit but am happy with the end result.  Hadn't planned on sharing this work but feel that it is different/same enough to my other works displayed.


Technical details:  Neyon magazine, glue, acrylic, 18" by 20" stretched canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment